Please ensure that you consider the following guidelines when preparing your manuscript. Failure to do so may delay the processing of your submission.
Manuscripts should consist of original, unpublished material and are not being submitted for publication elsewhere simultaneously. Furthermore, manuscripts submitted to JHTR are received under the condition that all co-authors are aware of, and agree with, the submission. All research articles will be subject to anonymous peer review.
JHTR commits to diversity and inclusion. We expect the references in submitted articles to reflect this.
All material to be considered for publication in JHTR should be submitted electronically through this website. Submission by e-mail will not be accommodated. Once submitted, the author can track the submission and communicate with the editors via the online journal management system. Context-sensitive help and manuals are available in every workflow stage by clicking the button in the upper right corner of the screen.
The author(s) should submit two separate files: a manuscript file and, to guarantee the anonymity of the peer review, a cover page.
A cover page should include:
- Manuscript's title
- Full author name(s)
- ORCiD IDs
- Corresponding author’s email address
- Abstract (maximum 200 words) and up to 6 keywords
- Data Access Statement: Instructions and examples.
- Please list 3-5 potential reviewers (names and emails) for your manuscript, with whom you have no conflict of interest
- Contributor Statement: This section is about recognizing anyone that contributed to the planning, conduct, and reporting of the work described in the article. Please, follow the CRediT guidelines and fill in this section even for single-authored manuscripts.
- Acknowledgements: If applicable.
- If applicable, any relevant information for the editors to consider before reading your submission (e.g. the use of AI in writing, etc.)
The manuscript should be written in English, preferably in US spelling. The citations and references should follow the APA guidelines.
The manuscript should start with a title, followed by an abstract (maximum 200 words) and up to 6 keywords. They keywords should be specific, as they will be used to index the article in search engines.
The headings should be structured as follows (maximum 3 levels):
All references cited within the submission must be listed at the end of the manuscript file (APA style).
After acceptance and before publication, the authors are asked to edit their approved manuscript according to the standard journal layout. They will be provided with the final proof of their paper to correct minor mistakes.
We expect that authors, before submitting their work to JHTR, have read in detail our ‘Aims and Scope' information, which can be found on our About the journal page.