JOAS has very different workflows compared to existing aerospace journals. We designed these new workflows to promote open reviewing, sharing, and reviewer recognition. The main differences are:
- Once a manuscript passes the initial check, we publish the submission as preprint automatically.
- We will start with our platform but may switch to a different preprint service later.
- We encourage authors to invite other researchers to join the discussion
- Community reviews are equally important as reviews from invited reviewers
- Authors and invited reviewers' identities are both known.
- Our platform provide fully transparent discussions during the review.
- This will makes the review report also citable.
- Reviewers will also benefit from this new research output. (i.e. reviewers are authors of this report)