First issue published!
We’re happy and proud to present the first online issue of the Journal of Delta Urbanism. (From January 2021 hardcopies by means of printing on demand will also be available.)
This issue is named ‘Premises’ and contains the following contributions:
* Editorial - Delta Urbanism, Premises - Taneha K. Bacchin, Fransje Hooimeijer, Baukje Kothuis
* Paper - Delta Urbanism coming of age - Han Meyer
* Paper - Changes in the way live and value spaces - Richard Ashley
* Dialogue - On sustainable delta development - Bas Jonkman & Henk Ovink
* Project - On Atmosphere, Water and Soil - Filippo Lafleur, Isabel Recubenis, Taneha K. Bacchin
* Project - On Sea Level Rise - Geert van der Meulen, Ranee Leung, Joep Storms, Negar Sanaan Bensi, Taneha K. Bacchin, Jos Timmermans, Fransje Hooimeijer, Elma van Boxtel, Kristan Koreman
* Practice - Dutch designed ’soft power’ - Daan Zandbelt
* Dictonary - ‘Delta’ & ‘Urbanism’ - MaartenJan Hoekstra
JDU is published twice a year, in spring and autumn. Submissions for Issue 2 can be sent in until March 1st, 2021. Submissions can be sent in individually; also, guest editors are invited to present specific topics for a special edition. We welcome your academic research papers, column style dialogue contributions, practice experiences, design project studies, and suggestions for our 'DU Dictionary'.
Please feel free to distribute widely in your networks.
Baukje Kothuis, Taneha Kuzniecow Bacchin, Fransje Hooimeijer
JDU chief editors