Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- A word processor file of the text, such as Word, must be submitted for standard papers. Note that the manuscript should be submitted as one Word-file with tables and low-resolution figures included. Make sure to always refer to all figures and tables in the text and number every figure and table. Please visit the Author's Guidelines for more information on the manuscript preparation.
- Submit separate files of all (extra) figures (if any). If there are multiple figures, please collect the images in a .ZIP file and submit that. Number figures as Fig. 1, Fig. 2, etc. and refer to them in the same way in your Word-file. Each table should be provided as a separate, editable Word-file. Please visit the Author's Guidelines for more information on figures', images’ and tables' requirements.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- Where available, URLs for the references should be provided.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Submit the paper in Word without author names and affiliations and without acknowledgements. Upload a separate title page with full author names and affiliations.
- Please provide the names, affiliation and contact details of all the authors. Please use the following format for the affiliation: University/organization, department/faculty, country. Please do not use the place reserved for the bio of the authors to give more information.